DC-ICE skaters practice speedskating at Fort Dupont Ice Arena, including as part of FDIA's Kids On Ice Speedskating program, and on inline skates throughout the spring and summer. Skaters interested in racing can represent DC-ICE at local, regional and national short-track speed skating and inline speedskating competitions. Recreational & Fitness skaters practice regularly at local outdoor ice rinks and on local trails throughout the city.
Managed by three-time Olympic speed skater Nathaniel Mills, who co-founded DC-ICE in 2002, and coached by DC native Suliman Abdullah (USS Level 1), the DC-ICE Speedskating Club is rooted in the universal principles of Olympism: Joy in Effort, Respect, Fair Play, Friendship, Unity.
Honorary DC-ICE Members include Olympic Champion Shani Davis, who inspired the club's creation, and 2018 OIympian Maame Biney, who got her start on speedskates at FDIA and was introduced to competition at DC-ICE's annual DC Open Meet.
- 8:00-9:00 am: Anacostia Park - Inline Speed/Fitness (June-July)
- 8:00-9:00 am : FDIA - Ice Speedskating (July & Aug. TBD) *
- 10:00 am-Noon: Canal Park Ice Rink - Speed/Fitness (Dec.-March)
Sundays (SUMMER only)
- 9:00-11:00 am: East Potomac Park/Hains Point (inline speedskating) w/Skater's Quest *
Tuesdays & Thursdays (SUMMER only)
- 6:00-7:00 pm: E Potomac Park/Hains Point (inline speedskating) w/Washington Area Roadskaters *
Wednesdays (SUMMER ONLY)
- 6:00-7:00 pm: FDIA / Fort Dupont Park (off-ice dryland training) w/DC-ICE Club *
* Contact DC-ICE for details
Regular Club Practice Fees (ice):
- $100 - Summer speed (all practices)
- $20 - Drop-in, summer speed at FDIA
- $150 - Sat. ice skating at CP rink (x 10 wk)
For more information or to join, contact:
VOLUNTEER COACHES NEEDED!
Keep Up with DC-ICE...