DC-ICE skaters practice speedskating on ice at Fort Dupont Ice Arena as part of FDIA's Kids On Ice Speedskating program, and on inline skates throughout the spring and summer. Those interested in racing represent DC-ICE at local, regional and national short-track speed skating and inline speedskating competitions. Recreational & Fitness skaters practice regularly at local outdoor ice rinks and on local trails throughout the city.
Managed by three-time Olympic speed skater Nathaniel Mills, who has lead the club since its inception in 2002, and coached by DC native Suliman Abdullah (USS Level 1), and Chris Callis (USS Level 2), the DC-ICE Speedskating Club is rooted in the universal principles of Olympism: Joy in Effort, Respect, Fair Play, Friendship, Unity.
Honorary DC-ICE Members include Olympic Champion Shani Davis, who inspired the club's creation through multiple visits to Washington, DC, and who continues to be a mentor and supporter of DC-ICE skaters, and 2018 OIympian Maame Biney, who got her start on speedskates with Coach Nat & DC-ICE.
(July - Aug.)
- DC-ICE Club & KOI (ice) 12:00-1:00 pm @FDIA
- Note: Sat. Aug. 10: !0:00-11:00 am
- Summer Races: Sat. Aug. 24 12:00-1:00 pm!
- East Potomac Park/Hains Point (inline) 9-11 am (w/Skater's Quest) *
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- E Potomac Park/Hains Point (inline) 7:00-8:00 pm * (Ohio Dr. SW) *
- DC-ICE Club Dryland Training (off ice) 7:00-8:00p * (FDIA/Fort Dupont Park)
* Contact DC-ICE for details
Regular Club Practice Fees (ice):
- $100 - Summer speed (all practices)
- $20 - Drop-in, summer speed at FDIA
- $150 - Sat. ice skating at CP rink (x 10 wk)
For more information or to join, contact:
VOLUNTEER COACHES NEEDED!
Keep Up with DC-ICE...