The DC-ICE Skating Club hosts weekly inline skating practices for skaters of all ages & abilities and types: learn-to-skate, recreational, fitness, and speedskating. Beginners receive instruction from certified coaches, while intermediate & advanced skaters tour various destinations in Washington, DC and other cities.
Spring/Summer 2020 - TBD
April - Aug.
- After-School Skating: 4:00-6:00 pm (Watkins Rec. 13th & D St. SE)
- Mon. Wed. & Fri: 'Skating on the Hill' (drills, games, tours)
- Tues. & Thurs.: 'Hockey on the Hill' (drills, scrimmage)
- 8:00-9:30 am - Inlne Speedskating at Anacostia Park/Pavilion
- Fitness & Speed Training w/Coach Nat & Coach Suliman
- Trail skating (Anacostia Riverwalk Trails)
- 10:00 am - Noon: Skate Ninja (Coach Malik) at Ana. Pavilion (1500 Anacostia Dr. SE)
- Learn-to-Skate & Freestyle/Aggressive
- Contact Malik Lloyd: 202.230.8375
- 2:00-4:00 pm: Hockey on the Hill at Watkins Rush Rink (13th & D St. SE) *
- Scrimmages. All abilities. Equipment provided
- in collaboration w/Georgetown Titans hockey
- 4:00-6:00 pm: Community Skate Tours *TBA
- April: Inaugural Skate
- May: Skate DC!
- June: Skate of the Union!
- Aug.: Big Apple Roll (NYC)
- 9:00-11:00 am: East Potomac Park/Haines Point (Speed training w/Skater's Quest)
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- 7:00-8:00 pm: Speed/Fitness training at East Potomac Park/Hains Point *
Friday Night Skate
- 7:00-9:00 pm: White House/National Mall (*Next: TBD - w/Skate DC!)
* contact DC-ICE for more details
REGULAR PRACTICE FEES
- $20 (Drop-in practice)
- $50 (half session - x 5)
- $100 (full session - x10)
To join the club, donate equipment, or share your skills and love for skating as a volunteer, please contact:
VOLUNTEER INSTRUCTORS NEEDED!
Keep up with DC-ICE...