DC-ICE skaters practice at Fort Dupont Ice Arena as part of FDIA's Kids On Ice Speedskating program and at rinks throughout the city. Those interested in competition represent DC-ICE at local, regional and national skating competitions. Recreational & Fitness skaters practice regularly at FDIA and the Canal Park Ice Rink.
Managed by three-time Olympic speed skater Nathaniel Mills, who has lead the club since its inception in 2002, and coached by long-time DC-ICE skater-coach Jordan McCreary (ISI Level 1), the DC-ICE Skating Club is rooted in the universal principles of Olympism: Joy in Effort, Respect, Fair Play, Friendship, Unity.
Regular Club Practice Fees (ice):
- $25/$50 - Club membership (Individual/Family)
- $200 - Saturdays @ FDIA (x 10 weeks)
- $100 - Canal Park & Wharf Rink (x5)
- $20 - Drop in fee (all rinks)
Fees incl. admission, skate rental & hot chocolate!
For more information or to join, contact:
VOLUNTEER COACHES NEEDED!
KEEP UP WITH ICE SKATING NEWS & UPDATES!
- DC-ICE Skate Club (fitness & fun) 11:00a-Noon* (Canal Park Ice Rink, 202 M St. SE)
- w/FDIA Public Skating (family & fun) 1:00-3:00pm (Fort Dupont Ice Arena: 3779 Ely Pl. SE)
- DC-ICE Skate Club (figure & fun!) 4:00-5:00 pm* (Georgetown Rink, K St. NW)
* Contact DC-ICE for details
- Skate of the Union - June 21-23, 2019 (inline)